|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + bonus|
|Qualifications:||ACA - QBE|
|Description:||This leading International Bank based in the City is looking to recruit an Internal Audit professional to join their small but dynamic team. Reporting into the Head Of Internal Audit you will be responsible for:|
* Providing independent and objective assurance to strengthen the Bank’s operations. This involves evaluating and improving the effectiveness of its risk management, control and governance processes.
* To ensure that the bank procedures are carried out effectively and in accordance with the Bank’s Procedure Manuals which cover the various aspects of the Bank’s operations and controls.
* To identify the risks involved in each of the areas in which the Bank undertakes business and to ensure that such risks are properly assessed and correctly monitored with any changes reported expeditiously to the Audit and Compliance Committee and senior management.
* Maintain professional development and keep up-to-date with industry, regulatory and professional developments.
* To advocate the Bank’s Values, and to promote a strong risk, compliance and corporate accountability culture, throughout the Bank through presentations, knowledge sharing and the internal audit work undertaken.
* To undertake work in-line with IIA Code of Ethics and Performance Standards.
* To comply with the FCA’s and PRA’s Individual Conduct Rules.Key Tasks:
* To undertake audit reviews as timetabled in the Annual Audit Plan and prepare audit reports on those reviews to include recommendations, where appropriate, and obtain the comments of the Head of Department being audited, prior to submission.
* To conduct audit reviews in-line with the approach and methodology set out in the Bank’s Internal Audit Manual. To execute a wide variety of audit tests/ procedures and accurately interpret results against defined criteria, whilst ensuring the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
* To track agreed recommendations and report on their implementation to the Head of Internal Audit on a monthly basis.
* Follow up with management to ensure that management actions have been effectively implemented or that senior management has accepted the risk of not taking action.
* To undertake any special investigatory reports as necessary.
* To assist the Head of Internal Audit in the ongoing development of the Internal Audit strategy.
* To assist the Head of Internal Audit in updating the Internal Audit Manual and procedures annually for review and approval.
* To assist the Head of Internal Audit in producing an Internal Audit plan each year of those areas to be audited.
As the ideal candidate you will already have experience working in Internal Audit, ideally in a Banking environment. You will be extremely professional and able to deal with all levels of staff in a friendly manner.