|Salary:||£20 - £30 per hour|
|Qualifications:||ACA, ACCA - Newly Qualified|
|Location:||City of London|
|Description:||A reputable Global Investment Bank is seeking a Newly Qualified Accountant to join their London based team. The client is well known for offering rotation schemes and investing in their people. |
This role will enable the Newly Qualified Accountant an insight into the Product Control environment with an opportunity to get involved in projects across the business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing the daily profit and loss account for trading desks, involving an assessment of the nature of revenue generated in the context of market moves and risk held as well as reconciliation between front office systems and sub-ledger as well as the firm's general ledger.
- Preparing monthly accounts for posting to the firm's general ledger and producing/reviewing relevant external disclosures.
- Reviewing trading activity with the objective of informing a view around the valuation of the portfolio and also highlighting anything unusual or material to management.
- Producing and reviewing profit and loss attribution and commentary for the bank's trading, investing and new issuance businesses.
- Production and analysis of the balance sheets for a trading desk and understanding and explanation of moves.
- Monthly price verification review and challenge of trader inputs into inventory pricing as well as incremental assessment of less observable inputs.
- Developing an in depth knowledge of products and market awareness.
- Understanding of the impact of Regulatory Capital rules on a trading desk's ongoing and new business.
- Ensuring compliance with all the Firm's financial reporting requirements.
- Account and monitor for the Firm's secured and unsecured financing activities.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Qualification as a Chartered Accountant, ACCA or ACA.
- High levels of motivation, with commercial focus and strong analytical and communication skills.
- Team orientated and have good attention to detail
- Integrity, professional scepticism, a strong work ethic and a desire for excellence.
- Good interpersonal skills as complement to technical aptitude A desire to learn and interest in financial markets and products.
- A track record of improving processes and adding value to clients/stakeholders
Please note: Product control experience is desirable by the client.
If you are interested in the role and feel you are suitable please submit your CV.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.