Who we are looking for:
The Trade Settlement Senior Associate will be expected to support the day to day running of the onshore EMEA Settlement team with responsibility for the provision of a premier service standard to the State Street Middle Office client base.
The team is responsible for:
- Servicing all aspects of trade settlement across multiple products and EMEA facing markets for globally administered client accounts
- Products include Equities/Fixed Income/Unitised Funds and Cash
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As the Trade Settlement Senior Associate you will:
- Ensure that all trades are pre-matched for settlement within predetermined timeframes and that all relevant market and custody deadlines are adhered to in the processing and instructing of trads for settlement. This will be accomplished by working closely with brokers, custodians, fund accountants, various internal stakeholders and other third parties
- Ensure accurate and timely processing at all times via effective liaison with clients, brokers, custodians and internal Settlements team
- Identify key priorities and risk within the daily workflow, including an understanding of high risk markets and products as a critical attribute to ensure first pass accuracy of Team output
- Work collaboratively to build trusted working relationships with peer group colleagues across cross functional global teams including Database Management, Corporate Actions, Reconciliation and IT, as well as global Client Service teams. Critical to build effective direct working relationships with client Middle and Front Office teams
- Work effectively with the India based fail trade capture and reporting team to ensure a cohesive single team approach to the settlement life cycle
- The role will also be responsible for the support of timely and accurate KPI, KRI and general MIS, as well as input into the process of broker performance management, supporting regular review meetings where required.
- An understanding of core Investment Management trade and settlement lifecycle systems is an advantage such as SWIFT fail reporting and ETC including PSET confirmation.
- Close monitoring of trades for pre-match settlement, adherence to market and custodian deadlines, first pass accuracy, fail management reporting and resolution, quality control for the production of accurate MIS and effective broker performance.
- Prioritise work effectively based on high risk, large value, sensitive account, custodian, interested party and product deadlines.
- Manage critical internal relationships with dependent units, clients, cross functional operational colleagues and global counterparts.
- Support the maintenance of critical external relationships with brokers, custodians and vendors
- Support process improvement opportunities where required and participate in strategic projects where necessary.
- Advise management of potential risk items (delays in the confirmation and instruction of high risk market or large value trades) and any exposures which may involve a claim against State Street
- Maintain up-to-date files relating to settlement practices in each market in which the clients invest.
- Apply the appropriate level of attention in dealing with escalated items of referral
- Establish relationships with brokers; assist in tracking broker delivery performance and service standards; regularly present broker benchmarking statistics.
- Work with the regional Product Services teams to help resolve break items for cash and stock reconciliation.
- Participate in project work at the direction of the team manager
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Candidates for this position will ideally have gained a minimum of two to three years of direct experience processing domestic and international Equity and Fixed Income settlement within a similar Investment Advisory organisation, Broker-Dealer or Global Custodian, or will have been educated to a comparable level.
- The individual must be highly detail-oriented and motivated, and able to display a high standard of accuracy and professionalism at all times. First class written and verbal communication skills are essential to maintaining both internal and external stakeholder and client relationships. The candidate will be expected to display the ability to work well within a deadline driven team environment. Extensive knowledge of SWIFT fail messaging, Omgeo CTM is beneficial. Intermediate Excel, Word and Power Point skills preferred.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.